The Shelter for Battered Women and Children is a safe haven for women and children who are victims of domestic violence.
Learn More ›
Get Help Now
- 1 (868) 800-SAVE – Domestic Violence Abuse Hotline
- Police – 999
- Rape Crisis Hotline – 1 (868) 627-7273
- Legal Aid – 1 (868) 625-0454
- Family Court – 1 (868) 627-8716/623-2631/624-1307
- The Children’s Authority Hotline Numbers – 996 / 1 (868) 800-2014
- Victim and Witness Support – 1 (868) 624-8853
Let hope take flight…
Domestic Violence is any behaviour by a person in a co-habitation relationship, usually one family member against another, which threatens or endangers the personal, mental or physical wellbeing or security of another..
The Shelter serves the Trinidad and Tobago community through a comprehensive series of treatment and prevention services.
THE SHELTER’S OFFICE
P.O. Box 1436, Wrightson Road,
Port of Spain,
Trinidad & Tobago
WANT TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER?
As a registered charity, The Shelter is run by an elected board of volunteers and is operated through its own fund raising initiatives. We are currently seeking volunteers to join our Management Committee.
To sign up to be a volunteer, please click here.